People mean well. They really do. And inspirational messages can be, well, inspiring. But sometimes, people post inspirational sayings and comments that do not make sense or are just flat-out wrong. And, believe it or not, some are from famous authors! Here’s a list of just a few I found today. Let me know what you think. *I will only directly quote someone when their name was posted with the quote. We must give respect where respect is due…
- Living every moment to the fullest leaves no room for change.
- “Nothing that you have not given away will ever truly be yours.” C.S. Lewis
- The most beautiful things shine with you.
- If you aren’t living on the edge, your unbalanced.
- I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and my father.
- 3 eyes. 2 to look. 1 to see.
- All of my thoughts sound like music today.
- A man’s worth is no greater than his ambitions.
- I think everyday can be a new day.
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” Milton Berle
- “All things are difficult before they are easy.” Thomas Fulle
- Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.
- “If you’re afraid of failure, you don’t deserve to be successful.” Charles Barkley
- “Everything happens for a reason.” (This quote always gets me. It should continue with “it’s not always a good reason though.”)
I read through a LOT of quote and many of them were really very good. Best quote I read today that DOES make sense: “Why fit in when you can stand out.” Dr. Seuss
Tomorrow night, I am going for a sleep study. I’ll write about it then. What could possibly go wrong?